Costume Contest Rules
• Contest will be divided into 3 age groups – 4 years and under; 5 to 8 years; and 9 to 12 years.
• All that choose to enter will be invited on the stage where our judges will give 5 finalists a bright orange museum store discount coupon to remain on the stage. All others will be asked to rejoin their parents.
• Our judges will then conduct a “clap-o-meter” contest, asking the audience to help choose our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each age group. Ribbons will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners along with goody bags
• Parents, please prepare your children in advance on these contest rules and help us ease any disappointment your children may feel if they are not chosen as a contest finalist or winner. Our judges make every attempt to be as fair as possible!
- In order to adequately prepare for this event, please note the museum will close early on the day of this event – 3 p.m. instead of 5 p.m.
- Postponement of the event will be posted on our website and on our main phone mail message by noon on the day of the event.
- General Admission Passes may not be used at this event.
- Sorry, because this is a fundraising event, there are no group rates, senior citizen discounts, or refunds.
- Parking shuttle between Puster Elementary and the Heard will be in rotation the length of the event.
- Help us keep our sanctuary clean and pick up your trash. Recycle water bottles, cans and other recyclable items in the blue bins or inside the museum.